Location: Madison, WI with some statewide travel possible.
Salary: Minimum salary of $52,728 (actual salary may change, commensurate with experience).
- Manages acquisitions by monitoring budgets, ordering materials, processing invoices, claiming materials, and staying abreast of emerging trends and best practices related to acquisitions.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with publishers and vendors.
- Assists with collection development activities; compiles and analyzes data for assessment and other statistical reports.
- Provides reference and research assistance to library users, including developing and teaching legal research classes for the public.
- Participates in library and other professional activities.
Required: (1) Demonstrated experience of acquisition practices including monitoring budgets, ordering and receiving materials, maintaining order and vendor records, and invoice processing; (2) Demonstrated experience working with publishers and library vendors; (3) Knowledge of current practices and trends in acquisitions; (4) Experience creating and maintaining bibliographic and order records for a library catalog system, preferably Sierra; (5) Experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Excel; and (6) Graduate library science coursework related to acquisitions, collection development and the provision of reference; (7) Effective oral and written communication skills.
Preferred: (1) Legal reference skills, including knowledge of legal materials with ability to use legal research systems such as Lexis or Westlaw.
How To Apply:
Apply at the Wisconsin Court System website job posting: Acquisitions Librarian
All applications must be received by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, February 26, 2017.
The Wisconsin Court System will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants when requested. For additional information on the court system visit our website at www.wicourts.gov.